Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Update on Thursday's and this Weekend's Winter Events

Video....




Thursday...
As of  9:07 PM...Snow showers in the early morning hours very briefly before changing to freezing rain/sleet. Several hours of spotty freezing rain possible. Should transition to rain by 10 AM(later the farther North and East you go). Early call......I think Iredell-Statesville Schools COULD operate on a delay Thursday. Keyword..You guessed it! "COULD" I will make my final "delay" call in the morning. My issue with a delay is that there just isn't much precip. with this system...The weekend could, however, be different...

Weekend...
Still 4 days out, but GFS has showed a strong storm moving in on Saturday and exiting Sunday. Video has many more details! Yesterday GFS was about the only model showing this. Today, a couple models are trying to trend West and agree with the GFS. Definitely no consensus in the modeling yet, but the snowy solution is out there. I personally think that we will see snow this weekend (real early call)! How much is the question...closer to shore track(which I'm leaning towards. I explain my reasoning for this in the video.)would bring us up to 8" here in Statesville. Off shore...only a dusting or so. Time will tell...

New Video by 6 AM tomorrow! My alarm clock is set for 3:30(I'm dreading it for sure) 


Thanks for viewing and God Bless You!

No comments: