Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Real Quick Update on Thursday's and Sunday's Winter Events

Click for video...


Thursday...
Read post below...Same general info. Watch video for maps and more info. You heard right, I did say I-SS might operate on a delay. That's my prediction. Final call tonight.

Saturday..
Latest runs of GFS lessens the precip. and doesn't have it as inland as yesterday. I think this is just a trend in the modeling and it will be back to the coast hugging solution by Friday. Euro had a little more precip. over us. New Accumulation map in the video. As for now...Cross your fingers, pray, and wait and see.

New video tonight.
Thanks for watching and God Bless You!

5 comments:

Gastonwxman said...

I believe so as well. GFS is in its usual "denial stage" as I like to call it. Thursday's system will obviously affect the model output later that day when the system is out of here. From there, we either see that coastal solution come back or something else happens and the OTS ends up verifying. *Cues the dramatic music*

-Killer (Gastonwxman)

Chris Enloe said...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Models don't go from predicting close to a foot then down to under 1 inch in 12 hours. I would like to see what the GFS shows Thursday night. I am anticipating a Winter Storm Watch sometime Friday.

jtomlinwx said...

Video on Saturday's storm tomorrow night. GFS normally does this around this time and by Friday we should see it switch back. Canadian also trying to move inland. Good sign indeed. Still think this storm could bring someone in NC/VA 4-8".

Chris Enloe said...

Justin, I totally agree. I did notice that the Canadian moved more inland today. I was thinking that up here in the Triad we could get 6-10", because every time the GFS had a wet run we were showing close to a foot of just snow. I'm thinking that this is going to get real interesting after this "appetizer" leaves. Speaking of that, our meterologists up here are saying 1-3" and a glaze of ice. Im probably going to get up around 3:30, which I calculated my wet bulb time to be, and watch this play out, and for schools to close! :D

jtomlinwx said...

That's actually the EXACT time I've got my alarm clock set for! Yeah we'll have a better grip Friday.