Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter Taking a Break

I don't really have time to get into specifics, but I'm not liking the setup we're going into. Massive blizzard will move through the Central U.S. and then to the North East....wish I was there...anyways, I don't foresee any real threat for wintry precip. across the region for a while. Friday looks to me like a cold rain, yet again. I'm not going to say Winter's over, but we're entering February so we're starting to "warm-up." I'd look for the end of the month and early February for any "chances" at wintry precip. Then, I will not post on the blog until next December unless the urge to do so strikes. Why? Well, I'm not too into forecasting "Hot and humid with a chance of an afternoon thunderstorm" which is the norm here in the piedmont of NC. Oh, here's a perspective of how this winter has been....Atlantic Beach Winter Snowfall Totals~10.5" Statesville~9" Average for Atlantic Beach~2" Statesville~7"..Backwards? I'd say so :) At least we're both over our average.

Have a good evening and God Bless!

No comments: