Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back at it!

After a much needed break I am going to start back up the blog and try to update once or twice a day. 

As to next week's storm(s).....
For the first storm I am not quite ready to commit to the wintry setup indicated on most models. I am, however, inching closer and closer to it. Give me until tomorrow afternoon or so. I will say that it does look like we will see some areas around the region see some type of wintry precip for a time period. When, how much, and what type is yet to be determined. If I had to give an educated guess tonight, I would say that roughly from Areas along I-85 and NW~Snow mainly with a glaze of freezing rain and sleet sprinkles on top. SE of I-85~Snow at the onset switching over to freezing rain and sleet for several hours before ending as all rain. This is an early call and the forecast will need adjustments the closer we come to the storm.
The end of next week looks to offer some sort of wintry potential as well, but honestly I haven't spent much time looking at that one.

Long Term....
February looks to be yet another month of cooler than average temperatures. I will say that in no means do I think winter is over, but beware that some systems may track just far enough north to give us the dreaded cold rain. The PNA is going positive for the first time this winter and should/could lead to increased potential for wintry systems in the Southeast.

As always....Have a Great Night! Thanks for viewing and God Bless You!!

2 comments:

Gastonwxman said...

Great to see you back in action Justin. Unfortunately I can't say the same for myself haha. My internet is currently unavailable and I had no choice but to go over to my friend's house to use his computer. Let everyone on Jeff's chat know that I will be back sometime soon if you don't mind. Thanks in advance. =]

jtomlinwx said...

Glad to be back! Oh I'm sorry to hear that Gaston! No problem, I will let them know today!