Saturday, November 5, 2011

Winter Forecast 2011-2012

After several weeks of research the winter outlook is complete.  Due to work and school, I have not had as much time as I would have liked to have had to work on this forecast.  However, I am fairly confident in my forecast and think that this is how the winter should unfold.  I am excited to get this winter started and start publishing "short-term" forecasts for storms affecting our region.

I thank you for watching and hope you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

2 comments:

Gastonwxman said...

Decent forecast you have there. It appears we have similar thoughts regarding the overall scheme of things when it comes to our snowfall and cold potential (the cold shots you mentioned). I'd be surprised if we did see our first flakes of snow around the end of this month. That would be something. You are correct in your statement about the icing issue. We are overdue for such and as you may recall from my forecast, I mentioned about the potential to see lots of CAD events set up. Definitely something to watch toward periods where warm air will try to nose into a well-placed cold air mass with precip around.

If things develop the way I'm thinking, we'll have plenty of opportunities for some wintry precipitation to occur across the Carolinas. What I'd like to see is a storm system that manages to find its way underneath a western ridge and just amplify a good bit, bringing plenty of rain for the drought-stricken areas and a major snowstorm over this way (and it's possible with a slightly more active STJ that's expected to form). We'll see. Lots to look ahead to and certainly we will need to keep our eyes peeled on the rest of this month. Models have been hinting an early West-based -NAO, though not as much as they did earlier this week but that's still impressive. Could be a sign of a significant pattern change as we near meteorological winter. Again, great forecast. You did a fine job. :) Until next time, take care.

-Gastonwxman (Reggie)

Anonymous said...

PLEASE WATCH THE SPORTS GUY SHOW!